Head Coach of the Women’s Kenyon College Rugby Club
Job no: 492836
Work type: Non-Exempt Staff
Location: Gambier, OH
Kenyon College invites applications for the position of Head Coach of the Women’s Kenyon College Rugby Club (KCRC). This is a part-time, non-benefits eligible position with a maximum of 200 working hours per year. The Head KCRC Coach will administer the program in accordance and compliance with National Collegiate Rugby, the Ohio River Valley Women’s Collegiate Rugby Conference, and Kenyon College policies and regulations. The Head KCRC Coach will be responsible for coaching club level college women and non-binary identifying athletes, instructing for safe technique, supervising athletes at practices and competitions, and ensuring safety at practices and competitions. Successful candidates will be able to show a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their support for students from diverse backgrounds.
- Management of all aspects of coaching and team management during competition and practice.
- Organization and implementation of season and practice plans.
- Use of collegiate rugby best practices to ensure players develop with safe and tried methods.
- Ability to effectively coach and train entry level to advanced rugby players.
- Development of strength and conditioning sessions in cooperation with the Athletic Department’s Director of Strength and Conditioning.
- Positive representation of Kenyon College Club Sports on and off the field.
- Communication and collaboration with director of club sports, conference commissioner and other league representatives.
- Communication with opposing schools to ensure safe conditions for athletes, including officials, athletic trainers, and field conditions.
- National Collegiate Rugby coaching registration and completion of required educational components, including USA Rugby Level 100 coaching or equivalent.
- Completion of NCR background screening.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Ability to be present at team practices during the fall semester season (late August-late October) and spring semester season (late February-early May).
- Ability to be present at home and away competitions during fall and spring semesters.
- Participation at the collegiate level or high-level club.
- Experience coaching rugby at the collegiate level.
- Understanding of the role of club sports and student development.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend