BFEC Land Management Assistant
Job no: 492813
Work type: Non-Exempt Staff
Location: Gambier, OH
The Brown Family Environmental Center is seeking to hire a seasonal Land Management Assistant. Primary responsibilities include trail maintenance, light landscaping, and invasive species management on our 612-acre preserve. This is a 4-month appointment, from May 16 through September 30, 2022. This position works Monday through Friday, 35 hours per week. The hourly rate of pay is $15.
Essential Functions at BFEC
- Trail Maintenance - Regular trail maintenance includes but is not limited to mowing and trimming plants for accessibility.
- Grounds Work - Regular trimming around bluebird boxes, benches, interpretive panels. Regular mowing in the Wildlife Garden area.
- Invasive Species Management – Removal of different invasive plant species and replanting natives as needed.
- Bluebird Monitor – Monitor bluebird trail as needed.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Success Factors
- Knowledge of local plant identification with focus on invasive species.
- Previous experience with tools, including but not limited to push mower, riding mower, hedge trimmer, weed eater, drill.
- Basic natural history knowledge.
- Comfortable with physical outdoor work.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to acquire new skills as job responsibilities demand.
- Knowledge of BFEC (preferred).
This position does not have direct reports, but the person in this position will frequently oversee the work of three or four college students (paid staff) and several high school and / or college volunteers.
This is an outdoor position and includes exposure to sun, pollen, insects, and poisonous plants, and requires the ability to work in heat, humidity, rain, and cold.
- High School Diploma
- At least 18 years of age
- Ohio driver’s license
Application deadline March 31, 2022.
Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, call 740-427-5052.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend