Administrative Assistant in the Office of Annual Giving
Job no: 492784
Work type: Non-Exempt Staff
Location: Gambier, OH
Kenyon College is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Administrative Assistant in the Office of Annual Giving. The starting rate of pay for this full-time position with benefits is $16.35 per hour. Benefits include competitive medical, dental and vision packages; generous paid vacation, sick and personal time; tuition remission benefits for dependents attending college within the GLCA consortium; and flexible remote work options.
Serve as full-time administrative assistant in the office of Annual Giving for Kenyon College. Provide direct administrative support for the Associate Vice President of APE/AG, Director of Annual Giving, and other annual giving staff members.
- Serve as secretary to the Kenyon Fund Executive Committee. Secure meeting rooms and catering needs, coordinate hotel and shuttle reservations and take meeting minutes.
- Responsible for managing the formatting and logistics surrounding the production of class letters for all alumni, two times per year.
- Record annual giving data in division databases, including confidential data. Create contact reports, update staff assignments and maintain volunteer status indicators.
- Using tools provided, track the effectiveness of appeals, including costs, dollar and donor yields, and return on investment.
- Maintain appeal documentation for auditors.
- Work with Advance and EverTrue databases to create reports and pull data for Annual Giving staff; use database to create segmentation for specialized fundraising appeals.
- Assist Associate Director of Annual Giving with reunion planning and post-reunion planning logistics, including volunteer materials, and updating records as appropriate.
- Maintain current email distribution lists including class agents, reunion committees and Kenyon Fund Executive Committee.
- Assist with email marketing efforts for Annual Giving staff using specialized software.
- Assist with stewardship activities for leadership donors, including alumni Leadership Breakfast, Family Weekend leadership events, and holiday calendar mailing.
- Track budgets and Annual Giving expenses.
- Maintain inventory of stationery and other appeal materials and reorder as needed.
- Assist AIS with the filing of gift receipts and class notes, placing class note authors on the Alumni Engagement Spreadsheet.
- Process Purchasing Cards for Annual Giving department.
- Maintain the engraving of trophies with current year winners.
- Check departmental email accounts and forward messages as appropriate.
- Document and update procedures performed in position.
- Assist with Advancement events including the class agent and reunion programs.
- Answer phones and questions related to giving and directing callers.
- Prepare reunion planning gift history for reunion classes.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Success Factors
- Ability to work with all College constituents (alumni, parents, faculty, administrators and staff) in a professional and courteous manner.
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to manage short and long term projects, multitasking when necessary.
- Creative problem solving.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, with demonstrated time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Detail oriented and proficient proofreading skills.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of office support practices and a familiarity with the operation of standard office equipment.
- Good time management skills.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines while being sensitive to the needs or limitations of others.
Responsible for supervising one or two student workers, occasionally.
Work is generally but not always performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to lift boxes or items weighing 30 pounds or less and move tables and chairs when necessary. Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings.
Prior experience providing clerical support or working with data and budgets is preferred. While we will provide a wealth of training opportunities, we are especially interested in candidates with the ability to work independently and collaboratively and juggle multiple tasks and deadlines. Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality are important, as is a sense of humor and the desire to be part of a team that works best when it works collaboratively.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend