Kenyon College is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Administrative Assistant in the Alumni and Parent Engagement Office. The starting rate of pay for this full-time position with benefits is $16.35 per hour. Benefits include competitive medical, dental and vision packages; generous paid vacation, sick and personal time; tuition remission benefits for dependents attending college within the GLCA consortium; and flexible remote work options.
The Administrative Assistant, reporting to the Director of Alumni Engagement, will provide general administrative support for the alumni and parent engagement department, responsible for assisting with the Kenyon Alumni Association, Alumni Council, regional volunteers as well as regional and on-campus event planning and assist with other division duties as needed.
- Lead telephone and office communications with alumni and parent communities and major donors.
- General office support including managing appointment calendars, processing expense reports, reconciling credit card statements and invoices, as well as acting as the department liaison with accounting and/or other departments across campus as needed.
- The ability to effectively use the college’s alumni database,which includes running reports and looking up alumni information.
- Manage and supervise one or two student workers.
- Assist the directors in preparing materials, minutes, and presentations for volunteer committee groups (Alumni Council, Kenyon Fund Executive Committee and regional volunteers).
- Organize and oversee budgetary approvals including handling bill processing, management of travel records and monitoring budget lines, processing of accounts (receivable and payable) for regional events.
- Communicate with alumni and parents about events using email marketing software and printed invitations. Utilize event software to manage event registrations, create RSVP lists and monitor event success.
- Serve as the primary contact for the alumni directory requests.
- Support and assist with on-campus events such as Reunion Planning Weekend, Homecoming, Family Weekend, and Reunion Weekend.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and accommodations for staff and faculty.
- Ability to produce, edit, and maintain web pages (including event registration).
- Support and oversee the annual revision and printing for mailings.
- Maintain accurate records of the Alumni Council, Alumni Trustees, and Alumni Award Recipients.
- Oversee and replenish inventory of office stationery and supplies.
- The ability to obtain College driver certification.
- Serve on search committees as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Success Factors
- Ability to work with all College constituents (alumni, parents, faculty, administrators and staff).
- Be outgoing and possess a professional attitude.
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to manage short and long term projects.
- Creative problem solving.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to plan ahead and foresee projects.
- Ability to keep projects moving.
Responsible for supervising one or two student workers.
Work is generally but not always performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to lift boxes or items weighing 30 pounds or less and move tables and chairs when necessary. Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
Prior experience providing clerical support or event planning and/or management is preferred. We are especially interested in candidates with the ability to work independently and collaboratively and juggle multiple tasks and deadlines.
Kenyon College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.