Administrative Assistant in the Development Office
Job no: 492773
Work type: Non-Exempt Staff
Location: Gambier, OH
Kenyon College is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Administrative Assistant in the Development Office. The starting rate of pay for this full-time position with benefits is $16.35 per hour. Benefits include competitive medical, dental and vision packages; generous paid vacation, sick and personal time; tuition remission benefits for dependents attending college within the GLCA consortium; and flexible remote work options.
The Administrative Assistant, reporting to the Director of Parent and Family Giving, will provide general administrative support for the development department, as well as assist with other division activities as needed.
- General office support like managing appointment calendars, processing expense reports, reconciling credit card statements and invoices, as well as acting as liaison with Accounting and/or other departments across campus as needed
- Assist the development office with support of specific administrative aspects of fundraising activities including tasks such as donor updates and mailings, virtual and in person events, maintaining email dis lists and program documentation, purchasing office supplies, as well as special projects as needed.
- Assist the development office with on-going management and creation of processes and reports, as well as acting as liaison with Advancement Information Services and/or other departments as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including occasional trips to Mount Vernon to pick up items at various vendors, coverage of phones and assistance with the taking of notes at meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will be someone who has strong organizational, interpersonal, and computer skills. Experience with Word, Excel, Zoom/Google Meet, and Google suite including Gmail, calendar, presentations, and drive is preferred. The ability to learn new software packages and the willingness to undertake training to do so are also desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information and willingness to uphold high ethical standards.
Prior experience providing clerical support is preferred. We are especially interested in candidates with the ability to work independently and collaboratively and juggle multiple tasks and deadlines.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend