Operations Assistant, Kenyon Review
Job no: 492766
Work type: Non-Exempt Staff
Location: Gambier, OH
The Kenyon Review is conducting a search for a qualified candidate to serve in the position of Operations Assistant to the Kenyon Review. Reporting to the Director of Operations and Managing Editor, the Operations Assistant provides office, accounting, gift acknowledgment, circulation, and production support. This position is part-time, without benefits, and will work a flexible schedule in the office, Monday through Friday for a total of 15-19 hours per week. The hourly rate of pay is $13.97.
- Manage Kenyon Review email and phone, answering questions and/or directing inquiries to appropriate resources
- Respond to office needs facilitating repair/replacement of facility and equipment
- Keep track of inventory and ordering office supplies
- Provide other administrative support for Kenyon Review staff as needed
- Process deposits, invoices, credit card receipts, and refunds daily
- Create payment orders and process author and vendor payments
- Process and reconcile staff purchasing card statements monthly
- Process appeals and donations
- Prepare and send acknowledgment cards and letters for donations
Subscription and Single Sales:
- Process subscriptions and update subscriber database
- Process single sales
- Send single and supplemental orders to fulfillment vendor weekly
- Prepare and send monthly renewal mailings
- Answer and resolve customer and agency fulfillment queries
- Invoice and distribute Kenyon Review issues to campus partners bi-monthly
- Prepare and process all author contracts.
The successful candidate will have two to four years of professional office experience. The candidate will also have strong written and verbal communication skills, some bookkeeping experience and excellent organizational habits. Strong computer skills are required including Microsoft Office programs, data management, accounting software, reservation systems and a willingness to learn new programs; FileMaker Pro experience is a plus. The ability to lift and carry 30 lbs. unassisted is required. Candidate must possess a professional and friendly demeanor and be able to work independently. Must be flexible and able to react calmly, quickly and efficiently to any issues that arise.
The Kenyon Review is a collaborative workplace that promotes friendly relationships with colleagues and students. The ability to multi-task, plan ahead, organize and manage numerous details simultaneously is paramount.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend