The Five Colleges of Ohio Consortium (www.ohio5.org) seeks candidates for the position of Director of Consortial Facilities Systems and Programs. This full-time position, reporting to the Executive Director, works closely with the member colleges (Denison University, Kenyon College, Oberlin College, Ohio Wesleyan University and The College of Wooster) and their operations leadership, facilities directors, staff members and others as needed. Five College of Ohio staff members participate in a generous Kenyon College employee benefits program.
The Director will assist the Ohio Five college facilities departments as they move from reactive work processes to developing strategic data knowledge. The Director will use a collaborative approach to Facilities Informatics and work processes to optimize data collection and information architecture in planning capital projects, asset replacement, resource needs and other long term initiatives. The approach will use consortial best practices, a shared work management system, shared facilities work projects to promote strategic actions, efficiency and cost savings at the member colleges.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
Facilitate the collection, management and documentation of college facilities data within the consortial work management system; be a resource in the documentation of all aspects: data, processes, skills
- Streamline, standardize and improve the collection, management and condition status of data sets including: assets, space, inventory, maintenance, renovation, construction.
- Develop strategic analytics to facilitate data informed decision making; implement methods that permit meaningful analytics across member colleges.
- Facilitate the development of process reviews, process improvement cycles, continuous improvement programs.
- Facilitate the creation of KPIs and metrics for performance measurement.
- Develop processes and procedures to collect information from our retiring workforce, document job, equipment and building knowledge.
- Track hiring best practices.
Functional System Administration
Provide functional administrative support to Ohio Five colleges for consortial work management system (TOPdesk), as needed
- Serve as the primary point of contact with suppliers, subject matter expert and solution expert for consortial work management system.
- Create the system architecture for each facilities department to manage information and work and develop and monitor a usable and continuous collection process.
- Comprehend the system needs of the college customer and develop solutions, queries, dashboard information and data analytics to help facilitate decisions based on data.
- Monitor, review and recommend adoption of quarterly, functional system changes.
- Monitor TOPdesk system roadmap and advocate enhancements on behalf of the colleges.
Be a liaison between college facilities teams and with other functional teams within the consortium
- Develop collaborative activities to measure, manage and mitigate risk in facilities areas.
- Embrace the uniqueness of each college, while identifying areas of individual college strength, leadership and collaboration.
- Build a collaborative network of facilities personnel from within the consortium, identifying best practices for the colleges and the consortium.
- Capture and share skills inventory of staff and position knowledge; develop knowledge retention for jobs, equipment and buildings.
- Work with consortium staff to facilitate collaborative facilities procurement, produce cost savings, avoidances and efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of hands-on facilities management, planning and utilities costing.
- Broad understanding and competence in functional facilities system (CMMS/WMS) administration.
- Ability to create & communicate vision of mature facility asset management.
- Competency with business processes development/improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to develop organizational/business programs and create innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, facilitate collaboration in others, and coordinate projects with campus departments, outside suppliers and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct effective planning, change management, training, problem solving and dispute resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work on simultaneous projects, distribute effort appropriately among projects, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of productivity.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and drive projects, tasks and issues to completion.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, tact and diplomacy to effectively interact with individuals of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Business Management, Information Systems, or related area.
- Experience working as part of a university system or a college with multiple satellites.
- Functional system administration experience with TOPdesk WMS.
- General understanding or experience with Lean, CQI programs/concepts.
- Experience managing projects, using appropriate tools.
The Director’s home-base office could be at Denison University, Kenyon College, Oberlin College, Ohio Wesleyan University, or The College of Wooster. Frequent travel to the other consortial sites and extensive use of web-based communications, ensuring that all constituents receive appropriate support and assistance, will be essential.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.