Administrative Assistant to the Kenyon Review
Job no: 492730
Work type: Non-Exempt Staff
Location: Gambier, OH
The Kenyon Review is conducting a search for a qualified candidate to serve in the position of Administrative Assistant to the Kenyon Review. Reporting to the Managing Editor, and supporting the entire staff, the Administrative Assistant provides office, accounting, gift acknowledgement, circulation, production, and programs support. This is a full-time, twelve-month staff position, working approximately 35 hours per week, that includes a generous benefits package. Most work is completed during regular business hours (M-F, 8:30am-12:00pm; 1:00pm-4:30pm), however, occasional work outside of these times (evenings and weekends) may be necessary. The hourly rate of pay is $16.35. Review of applications will begin on July 20, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
- Manage Kenyon Review email and phone, answering questions and/or directing inquiries to appropriate resources.
- Greet and help visitors and direct to the appropriate person if necessary.
- Make appointments, space reservations and travel arrangements.
- Completing daily tasks including filing, opening and sorting mail and processing review copies.
- Respond to office needs facilitating repair/replacement of facility and equipment.
- Manage and track office inventories and ordering office supplies.
- Provide other administrative support for Kenyon Review staff as needed.
- Process deposits, invoices, credit card receipts, and refunds daily.
- Create payment orders and process author and vendor payments.
- Process and reconcile staff purchasing card statements monthly.
- Process appeals and donations.
- Prepare and send acknowledgement cards and letters for donations.
Subscription and Single Sales
- Process subscriptions and update subscriber database.
- Process single sales.
- Send single and supplemental orders to fulfillment vendor weekly.
- Prepare and send monthly renewal mailings.
- Answer and resolve customer and agency fulfillment queries.
- Invoice and distribute Kenyon Review issues to campus partners bi-monthly.
- Prepare and process all author contracts and author payments for both KROnline and the Kenyon Review.
- Assist with email and phone queries about the KR Writers Workshops and other programs.
- Assist with processing applications and registrations for workshops using both online software and in-house database systems.
- Prepare and process all artistic contracts and payments for workshop instructors and fellows.
- Create, maintain, and update participant materials for on-campus and online workshops.
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of experience providing administrative support. The candidate will also have strong written and verbal communication skills, some bookkeeping experience, and excellent organizational habits. Strong computer skills are required including Microsoft Office programs, data management, accounting software, reservation systems and a willingness to learn new programs; FileMaker Pro experience is a plus. The ability to lift and carry 30 lbs. unassisted as well as manual and physical ability to work for sustained periods on a computer is required. Candidate must possess a professional and friendly demeanor and be able to work independently. Must be flexible and able to react calmly, quickly, and efficiently to any issues that arise.
The Kenyon Review is a collaborative workplace that promotes friendly relationships with colleagues and students. The ability to multi-task, plan ahead, organize, and manage numerous details simultaneously is paramount.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend