Gift and Alumni Records Specialist
Job no: 492700
Work type: Non-Exempt Staff
Location: Gambier, OH
Kenyon College is conducting a search for a qualified candidate to serve in the position of Gift and Alumni Records Specialist. Information on alumni and donations is essential to the Advancement Division’s work to engage alumni and parents and to raise gifts in support of Kenyon’s mission. The Gift and Alumni Records Specialist is a key member of the team that manages this information for the Advancement division. This individual reports to the Associate Director of Gifts and Records and plays an important role as we seek to maintain accurate and accessible biographic and gift information. The person in this position must have strong attention to detail, as well as the ability to take initiative and work quickly. The hourly rate for this full-time position, with benefits, is $13.91.
Biographic Information Updates
- Add and update biographical data within the Advancement database, including changes to addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, employment, degrees, marital information, children, committee participation, volunteer participation and activities.
- Develop an understanding of the way multiple data tables interact within the database and coordinates records changes accordingly.
- Review and assess the accuracy of data provided by other staff members and student workers.
- Use good judgement and problem-solving skills to understand and resolve complex situations, including student enrollments and withdrawals and family status updates. Takes the initiative to pursue challenging data situations to satisfactory resolution.
- Research data from a number of external sources to identify the most current and accurate information.
- Contact alumni and parents regarding their biographical information, and respond to inquiries from constituents, colleagues, and student employees.
- Coordinate with staff across the College to gather information for alumni, parent, and student records, including trustee committee and service records and other volunteer service.
Gift entry and reporting
- Responsible for recording donations made to Kenyon College and its affiliates
- Produce and share regular donation reports, both within the Advancement division and with partners across the College.
Administrative responsibilities related to biographic and gift records
- Work with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy and in compliance with College policies and legal requirements around confidentiality and security.
- Work closely with other members of the Records and Advancement teams, and assist in training and directing the work of student employees.
- Assist with systems testing and process improvement projects.
- Bring materials to and from other offices on campus, as needed.
- Perform other administrative duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Success Factors
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn new skills, and a desire to work hard in support of the team.
- Take initiative and exhibit resourcefulness and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze a complex situation and create and implement a multi-part solution.
- Make decisions independently, reflecting good judgement and an understanding of the strategic priorities of the Advancement division.
- Be able to develop and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with colleagues and students.
- Be flexible, self-motivated, and generous in a collaborative, fast-paced, dynamic environment. Able to respond to last-minute requests and to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to understand and follow complex procedures, involving multiple people.
- Clear written and spoken communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally with constituents, colleagues and others.
- Strong computer aptitude. Must have the ability to learn and use new computer programs and skills.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment as well as the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Normally works Monday through Friday, 8:30 - 4:30, with the ability to work additional hours as required.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs. and deliver packages to other offices around campus.
- Must have prior experience with computers and office equipment.
- Prefer previous experience with data and databases.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend