Kenyon College is conducting a search for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Advanced Practice Registered Nurse-Certified Nurse Practitioner (APRN-CNP). The APRN-CNP supports Kenyon College students by providing direct medical care in alignment with the Cox Center mission: “Providing compassionate care and empowering students to best manage their own health in preparation for life after Kenyon.” The APRN-CNP will utilize clinical skills in health assessment, diagnosis, treatment of various health/medical conditions, and referrals to off- campus providers if the health need is beyond the Center’s scope of practice. The APRN-CNP will operate within the limitations of the Ohio Board of Nursing in addition to College policies. This position will assist with health and wellness promotion coordinated by the Cox Center, Student Affairs Division, and/or other campus partners.
This position reports administratively and clinically to the Associate Director for Health Services; support is provided by the Director of Health & Counseling, as needed. As part of the Health Services team, the APRN-CNP will require a Standard Care Arrangement in accordance with the Ohio Board of Nursing, and maintain a strong collaborative relationship with the Center’s contract physicians.
- Provide holistic, individualized medical care to students from diverse backgrounds and settings.
- Comply with all Federal, State, and College policies including but not limited to student confidentiality and release of protected health information.
- Effectively communicate by demonstrating active listening, empathy, problem solving and flexibility.
- Assess, diagnose and treat both acute and chronic disease states with regard to evidence based treatment guidelines/best practices that fall within the Nurse Practitioner scope of practice and are permitted under the Ohio Revised Code.
- Provide health education (including health promotion) and preventive care services.
- Order and interpret diagnostic testing.
- Prescribe medications in accordance with applicable laws.
- Implement referrals to providers of specialty care when needed and appropriate.
- Provide consistent, current and complete documentation in medical records using an electronic system.
- Effectively collaborate with campus partners to support students with medical challenges.
- Handle general inquiries by phone and email from administrators, parents/guardians, students, etc.
- Share nurse practitioner responsibilities in the on-call rotation after hours during the academic year.
- Actively participate (as needed) in campus working groups and/or committees.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in Nursing with current certification to practice as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse-Certified Nurse Practitioner (APRN-CNP).
- Maintain current licensure with the Ohio Board of Nursing.
- Remain in good standing with the Ohio Board of Pharmacy and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).
- One to three years experience as a Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP) with speciality in family medicine, emergency medicine, or adult practice; including clinical practicums.
- Ability to respond appropriately, ethically, and responsibility in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Familiarity with the diagnosis and management of common psychiatric conditions.
- An appreciation of college student needs, demonstrated cultural competency, and sensitivity and experience with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations.
- Diverse array of evidenced clinical and professional experiences and skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication.
- Successful completion of background and professional license checks.
- Job responsibilities are performed in an ambulatory medical care center.
- Close contact with ill students and potential exposure to airborne and blood-borne pathogens.
- At times, this position may require participation within the campus community for special events (i.e. flu vaccinations, new student orientation).
- The ability to lift boxes or items of 30 pounds or fewer is required.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time is often needed.
- Willingness to cover lunch breaks and stay past the scheduled hours may be required during periods of high service demand (e.g. flu season).
- In the event of a campus emergency, this position may be called on as part of the emergency preparedness response activities.
Kenyon College is a nationally prominent, private liberal arts college where academic excellence goes hand in hand with a strong sense of community and close relationships among students and professors.
Compensation and Benefits
Salaries at Kenyon are competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition to an attractive salary, Kenyon offers benefits for employees and their family members. Children of employees are eligible for 100% tuition waivers at Kenyon, and through the Great Lakes Colleges Association, children of employees are eligible for 85% tuition waivers at fifteen other of the nation's finest liberal arts colleges.
We also offer health and dental insurance, TIAA/CREF retirement (suspended for the 20-21 year), and many other benefits, including provisions for a spouse, families, and domestic partners. Details about benefits as well as conditions of employment are described more fully in our Staff Handbook.
Kenyon is a unique place to live and work. To discover why it should be your next home, click here.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.