Film Production Manager, Temporary
Job no: 492676
Work type: Non-Exempt Staff
Location: Gambier, OH
Kenyon College is conducting a search for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Film Production Manager on a temporary basis. The Film Production Manager has several related roles: management of film facilities and operations in the Kenyon Wright Center: supervising student employees and scheduling and managing production and post-production for student filmmakers. The Film Production Manager works with faculty to create a constructive learning environment for film students. This position is also the liaison to the Office of Community Partnerships and the Office of Admissions at Kenyon College. The Film Production Manager reports to the Chair of the Department of Dance, Drama and Film. This temporary position will begin January 15th, 2021 and complete June 1st, 2021 and is part-time, approximately 20 hours per week based on the needs of the department.
- BA or BFA in film/video production or related field, or commensurate experience in a professional setting.
- Experience with film lighting, electrical distribution and management, film studio best practices, video and sound post-production software, digital cinema cameras and digital sound devices. Comfortable managing student employees and settling safety and equipment circulation policies. Works well with students, faculty, local community members and visitors.
Essential Responsibilities for the Film Production Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the use of equipment and spaces by faculty and students within the Wright center. This includes a facility with electrical systems, camera operation, software operation, assisting students and faculty in hanging and connecting lighting equipment and maintaining working hardware in classrooms and studios.
- Supervising and managing the equipment circulation. Students and faculty will come to check out and check in equipment to be used for classes. This also includes maintaining a working inventory of equipment for repair and replacement.
- Scheduling Senior Film Thesis projects and ensuring equipment is in working order to manage smooth production schedules.
- Supervising student employees who work in the building either in the circulation room or as teaching assistants.
- Assisting in post-production workflow through the use of various post-production software.
- Working with other staff for scenic design and construction, as well as transportation, storage and removal from the building.
- Supervising students in laboratory situations during working hours when the primary instructor is not available. The most important aspect of this is the development and implementation of best practices for safety in a studio environment.
- Functioning as liaison between the Kenyon film program and other offices within the college or community interested in using the Wright Center facilities, including the Office of Community Partnerships, SPI, Kenyon Admissions, and others.
Other Valued Qualifications:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Pro Tools, DaVinci Resolve or other post-production software
- Experience with safety and first aid practices
- Outstanding communication skills.
Kenyon College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend