Assistant Director of Donor Relations
Job no: 492675
Work type: Exempt Staff
Location: Gambier, OH
Kenyon College is conducting a search for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Assistant Director of Donor Relations. The Assistant Director of Donor Relations works as a team with the Director of Donor Relations and the Advancement Division to implement creative, donor-centric stewardship in order to sustain positive and mutually rewarding relationships between the College and its supporters. The successful candidate will be a motivated, creative, positive individual, who thrives in a collaborative environment.
Donor Relations and Stewardship
- Write personalized gift acknowledgement letters for president and vice president for college advancement; manage the acknowledgment process.
- Manage stewardship activities for financial aid scholarships, including video messages and letters from students; track student responses and ensure timely delivery to donors.
- Conceptualize and coordinate gift impact reports, conduct research, and interview fund administrators to create compelling stewardship reports. Track the distribution of reports to donors.
- Collaborate and strategize with gift officers to develop effective and meaningful stewardship plans for donors.
- Work closely with the advancement communications staff to create customized donor stewardship messaging through videos, email, and print.
- Manage the digital delivery of financial reports to donors.
- Notify departments and offices across campus about endowment income available to spend and ensure donor intent for expenditures.
- Organize the biennial Stewardship Dinner for donors, students and faculty to meet in a memorable and meaningful way.
- Orchestrate donor-beneficiary meetings, whether in person or remote.
- Manage donor recognition through signage for named spaces and building projects.
Non Essential Functions
- Prepare special mailings as needed.
- Perform other administrative duties as required.
- Assist with other advancement events as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Success Factors
- Must possess and value attention to detail and organization.
- Manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines utilizing superior organizational skills.
- Think strategically and be goal oriented.
- Have a willing and giving attitude with a caring and thoughtful mindset.
- Be able to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with colleagues as part of a team, and also work independently with minimal supervision.
- Take initiative, exhibit resourcefulness, enjoy problem-solving.
- Ability to understand and follow complex procedures, involving multiple people.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel suite and Google suite. Ability to learn internal database.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Works Monday through Friday, 8:30 - 4:30, with the ability to work additional hours as required.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Must have excellent writing, editing, and project management skills.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs, particularly with Excel.
Kenyon College is a nationally prominent, private liberal arts college where academic excellence goes hand in hand with a strong sense of community and close relationships among students and professors.
Compensation and Benefits
Salaries at Kenyon are competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition to an attractive salary, Kenyon offers benefits for employees and their family members. Children of employees are eligible for 100% tuition waivers at Kenyon, and through the Great Lakes Colleges Association, children of employees are eligible for 85% tuition waivers at fifteen other of the nation's finest liberal arts colleges.
We also offer health and dental insurance, TIAA/CREF retirement (suspended for the 20-21 year), and many other benefits, including provisions for a spouse, families, and domestic partners. Details about benefits as well as conditions of employment are described more fully in our Staff Handbook.
Kenyon is a unique place to live and work. To discover why it should be your next home, click here.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend