Kenyon College, a national liberal arts college an hour northeast of Columbus, Ohio, seeks a talented videographer to join an award-winning communications team. The associate creative director for video crafts multimedia narratives that cleverly express Kenyon’s brand with the goal of attracting prospective students, engaging alumni and inspiring donors.
With an exceptional talent for storytelling and eye for composition, the associate creative director captures Kenyon’s voice through film, developing content that ranges from long-form narratives and YouTube series to short-form videos and social media teasers. This self-motivated individual is experienced in developing and pursuing original ideas that support the College’s strategic initiatives, leading all facets of video production from conception to final delivery.
The associate creative director serves as the voice for the College’s YouTube channel and partners with the Digital Content Editor to bolster its presence on Instagram and TikTok, creating and curating content that distinguishes Kenyon in the online video landscape. In this capacity, the associate creative director employs and empowers a team of student film interns to strategically contribute to and support this work.
Reporting to the Creative and Marketing Director and collaborating with members of a dynamic communications team, the associate creative director plays a key role in the expression of Kenyon’s brand by contributing to staff meetings and brainstorms, advising on creative solutions and approaching projects from new angles.
- Actively develop and pursue original ideas that support the College’s strategic initiatives, with guidance from the Creative and Marketing Director and Vice President of Communications.
- Lead the production of video content from conception to final delivery, including concept and storyboard development, scheduling, casting, location scouting, lighting, audio recording, filming, editing and post-production work.
- Serve as the voice for the College’s YouTube channel and partner with Digital Content Editor to bolster its Instagram and TikTok channels.
- Hire and mentor student film interns, guiding the development of their video production skills and creating space for them to meaningfully contribute to Kenyon’s video presence.
- Establish an in-house workflow, managing multiple projects and collaborating with colleagues and campus partners to ensure final products meet shared goals.
- Manage a video equipment inventory and advise on new hardware, software and techniques.
- Evaluate and report on YouTube analytics to identify user trends and inform content recommendations.
- In-depth experience with operating camera, audio and lighting equipment, in addition to post-production software like Final Cut Pro X and the Adobe CC Suite
- Innate understanding of the online video community and working knowledge of YouTube
- Ability to work independently, while meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects
- A desire to constantly learn and innovate, and evidence of creative problem solving and collaboration
- Three to five years of experience in video production
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong and varied portfolio of video work
Compensation and Benefits
Salaries at Kenyon are competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition to an attractive salary, Kenyon offers benefits for employees and their family members. Children of employees are eligible for 100% tuition waivers at Kenyon, and through the Great Lakes Colleges Association, children of employees are eligible for 85% tuition waivers at fifteen other of the nation's finest liberal arts colleges.
We also offer health and dental insurance, TIAA/CREF retirement (suspended for the 20-21 year), and many other benefits, including provisions for a spouse, families, and domestic partners. Details about benefits as well as conditions of employment are described more fully in our Staff Handbook.
Kenyon is a unique place to live and work. To discover why it should be your next home, click here.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.