Kenyon College is conducting a search to fill the position of Video Producer. A talented visual storyteller, the Video Producer crafts, edits and packages multimedia pieces that creatively and cleverly convey Kenyon’s brand distinctions across our digital platforms.
With an ear for narrative and eye for composition, the Video Producer captures Kenyon’s voice through film and photography, developing and distributing media that ranges from long-form interviews and YouTube series to quick-hitting teasers and social media posts. This self-motivated individual is experienced in conceiving and carrying out concepts that align with the College’s brand messaging, with the goal of moving a variety of audiences: prospective students and parents, current students and parents, and alumni and donors.
The Video Producer manages Kenyon’s YouTube, TikTok and Instagram channels, creating and curating visual content that distinguishes Kenyon in the online video landscape. In this capacity, the Video Producer leads all facets of production from conception to final delivery and supervises a team of student film interns to strategically support this work.
Reporting to the Director of Creative and Brand Strategy and collaborating with members of an ambitious and fast-paced communications team, the Video Producer plays an important role in the expression of Kenyon’s brand by contributing to staff meetings and brainstorms and advising on creative projects and the visual presentation of Kenyon online.
- Lead the production of original video projects from conception to final delivery, including filming, editing and post-production work. Establish an in-house workflow for managing multiple projects and collaborating with colleagues to ensure final products meet shared goals.
- Identify, edit and package existing footage and video content that aligns with brand messaging for distribution across Kenyon’s digital platforms.
- Manage Kenyon’s YouTube and TikTok channels and serve as the primary contributor for Instagram, ensuring the timely update of content, responding to and interacting with community members, and reporting on analytics to identify user trends and inform content recommendations.
- Collaborate with the Digital Content Editor on Kenyon’s overall social media presence and work with the Graphic Designer on a cohesive visual presentation of digital content and campaigns across online platforms.
- Maintain video equipment inventory and digital library of video assets and support external video partners in coordinating on-campus video shoots.
- Supervise the work of student videographers, providing direction and feedback on projects and access to video equipment, as well as editing their footage and posting content.
- Student videographers and content producers
- Bachelor’s degree in film, art, communications or related subject, with a strong and varied portfolio of video work.
- Two to three years of experience in video production within a higher-education, agency, corporate or non-profit setting, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with operating camera, audio and lighting equipment, in addition to post-production software like Final Cut Pro X and the Adobe CC Suite.
- Innate understanding of the online video community and working knowledge of YouTube, TikTok and Instagram.
- Ability to work independently, while meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects.
- A desire to constantly learn and innovate, and evidence of creative problem solving and collaboration.
- Hybrid work is a possibility for this position.
Kenyon College is a nationally prominent, private liberal arts college where academic excellence goes hand in hand with a strong sense of community and close relationships among students and professors.
Compensation and Benefits
Salaries at Kenyon are competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition to an attractive salary, Kenyon offers benefits for employees and their family members. Children of employees are eligible for 100% tuition waivers at Kenyon, and through the Great Lakes Colleges Association, children of employees are eligible for 85% tuition waivers at fifteen other of the nation's finest liberal arts colleges.
We also offer health and dental insurance, TIAA/CREF retirement, and many other benefits, including provisions for a spouse, families, and domestic partners. Details about benefits as well as conditions of employment are described more fully in our Staff Handbook.
Kenyon is a unique place to live and work. To discover why it should be your next home, click here.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer and applications from members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law. Kenyon College has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. Please visit our Diversity at Kenyon website.